Our entrepreneurial culture, family work environment, and growing business offers numerous ways for you to grow your career. Whether you to want to advance your skills or try something new, we are committed to helping you grow.
Apply for a job by clicking on the APPLY NOW button or you can email your resume to our Human Resource department.
3033 Fruit Ridge Ave NW
Grand Rapids, MI 49544 USA
P.O. Box 3200
Grand Rapids, MI 49544
MATERIAL HANDLER JOB DESCRIPTION
Job Title: Material Handler
Department: Press Room
Reports To: Plant Supervisor
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Loads, unloads, and moves materials within or near plant, yard, or work site by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Reads work order or follows oral instructions to ascertain materials or containers to be moved.
- Keeps material flowing in and out of the machines.
- Cleans work area, machines, and equipment to assist machine operators.
- Assembles stackers to contain products.
- Operates industrial hilo to assist in loading trucks or moving materials and products.
- Moves scrap away from machines and puts the scrap in designated scrap containers. Rack scrap as needed.
- Maintains work area in a clean and safe condition, following 5S standards.
- Responsible for following work instructions
- Understanding and working knowledge of all job-related Quality Objectives, Quality System Policies, Procedures, and Instructions.
IMPACT ON CUSTOMER QUALITY Failure to perform these activities will likely result in dissatisfaction to the internal/external customer.
- Follow established instructions and quality standards.
- Responsible for the safety of self, teammates and product from damage and/or injury.
- Safely move product from presses without damage.
- Properly package product per customer specifications.
- Proper labeling Tare weights, piece counts, and monitor for discrepancies.
- Conduct accurate reporting of production into AX system.
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months’ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS None.
LANGUAGE SKILLS Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Has the ability to write routine reports and correspondence and the ability to speak effectively.
The PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT described here are representative of those that must be met/encountered by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, finger, handle or feel, reach, and talk or hear; occasionally required stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
The employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The noise level is usually loud. All proper PPE must be worn in all manufacturing areas and responsible for maintaining PPE standards.
When you join the Dennen team you will receive outstanding benefits. In addition to regular wages, Dennen is very pleased to be able to extend benefit opportunities to all full-time associates and their dependents. What follows is an overview of the benefits available to each of our associates.
Highlights of Benefit Opportunities with Dennen:
- Medical, Dental and Vision insurance offered to associates and their families effective the 1st of the month after 30 days employment
- 401k retirement plan and company matching – effective the 1st of the month following 90 days employment
- Company paid life insurance (1X base wages up to $50,000)
- Company paid Short Term Disability after 1 year of service
- Additional life insurance for self, spouse, or children available
- Long Term Disability
- Flex spending and Dependence Care
- Generous PTO and Vacation packages
- Nine paid holidays
- Associate Assistant Center – confidential service at no cost to associates or anyone in their household