Our entrepreneurial culture, family work environment, and growing business offers numerous ways for you to grow your career. Whether you to want to advance your skills or try something new, we are committed to helping you grow.
Apply for a job by clicking on the APPLY NOW button or you can email your resume to our Human Resource department.
3033 Fruit Ridge Ave NW
Grand Rapids, MI 49544 USA
P.O. Box 3200
Grand Rapids, MI 49544
DIE SETTER JOB DESCRIPTION
Job Title: Die Setter
Reports To: Plant Supervisor
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Responsible for safe and efficient process of die setting. Leads and coordinates all changeovers throughout the Pressroom.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Leads in setting up dies and related equipment
- Completes entire die changeover from last-piece to first-piece in a safe and efficient manner.
- Ability to accomplish die sets, press operations and troubleshooting of stamping processes in a methodical manner.
- Ability to change over multiple part number dies.
- Trained as Stamping Press Operator and is capable of running a press as necessary.
- Maintains work area in a clean and safe condition, following 5S standards.
- Responsible for following work instructions KanBan pull systems
- Understanding and working knowledge of all job-related Quality Objectives, Quality System Policies, Procedures, and Instructions.
IMPACT ON CUSTOMER QUALITY Failure to perform these activities will likely result in dissatisfaction to the internal/external customer.
- Follow established instructions and quality standards.
- Responsible for the safety of self, teammates and product from damage and/or injury.
- Proper set up of dies following standardized set-up work instructions.
- Insures that the dies are pre-staged and available to run. Communicates the need for die repair through the die repair process.
- Perform accurate daily verification of measurement devices.
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required. Three to five years’ die/stamping related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Must have experience as Stamping Press Operator or equivalent
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS Hilo and Crane license required.
LANGUAGE SKILLS Ability to read and write documents such as safety rules, production and quality recording and manufacturing work instructions.
The PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT described here are representative of those that must be met/encountered by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee is regularly required to finger, handle, feel and reach; frequently required to stand, walk, sit, and talk or hear; occasionally required to climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and depth perception.
The employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The noise level is usually loud. All proper PPE must be worn in all manufacturing areas and responsible for maintaining PPE standards.
When you join the Dennen team you will receive outstanding benefits. In addition to regular wages, Dennen is very pleased to be able to extend benefit opportunities to all full-time associates and their dependents. What follows is an overview of the benefits available to each of our associates.
Highlights of Benefit Opportunities with Dennen:
- Medical, Dental and Vision insurance offered to associates and their families effective the 1st of the month after 30 days employment
- 401k retirement plan and company matching – effective the 1st of the month following 90 days employment
- Company paid life insurance (1X base wages up to $50,000)
- Company paid Short Term Disability after 1 year of service
- Additional life insurance for self, spouse, or children available
- Long Term Disability
- Flex spending and Dependence Care
- Generous PTO and Vacation packages
- Nine paid holidays
- Associate Assistant Center – confidential service at no cost to associates or anyone in their household